Thank you for visiting – please do look around the rest of our website while you’re here.
Services in the Building
Following the latest guidance from the Government and the Church of England, we are now holding a single service at 10:30am on Sundays.
- There will be no need to book a place at either the service or Sunday Club – no register will be kept of attendance, but we will have NHS Test and Trace QR posters available at both entrances if you would like to ‘check in’.
- There will no longer be queuing before entry or a one-way system inside the building – both entrances will now be open with stewards to greet you and hand out service sheets.
- You will no longer be asked to wash your hands on entry but hand sanitiser will be available at both entrances and we would like to encourage you to make use of it.
- You will not be required to wear a face covering but you are welcome to continue to wear one if you prefer to – this will be voluntary.
- We will not be enforcing social distancing – the south aisle pews and chairs on the north aisle wooden platform will be reserved for any who wish to continue with social distancing; if in doubt, please ask a steward. All pews in the central section will be open. We will leave it to you to determine how close to others you sit.
- Bibles will be available in the pews for you to use.
- At long last, we will be able to sing together!
- Sunday Club will move back to its original format, with children starting in the service, being accompanied down to Mendham Hall and then brought back for refreshments after the service. Please contact Lisa or Hilary if you would like more information about Sunday Club during the summer.
- We will continue to serve refreshments using individual sachets in the garden (weather permitting), as we think this has been a really positive and powerful witness to the local community.
Please note that if you develop any Covid symptoms prior to the service, you should stay at home and arrange for a test.
We are very much looking forward to being all together for a single service again, and we hope you will feel confident in joining us. If you have any questions, you can contact the Staff Team.
News and information will be posted here, so please check-in on a regular basis. You can also keep in touch via the Emmanuel Church Hastings Facebook page or email our church administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Buttons, our baby and toddler group, will start again in September. It meets on Friday mornings, 9:45-11:15am at Mendham Hall. See here for more information.
If you would like to financially support the gospel ministry of Emmanuel Church Hastings, we would be grateful to receive gifts into the church bank account.
Account Name: The PCC of Emmanuel Hastings
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Account Number: 00032817
If you are a UK taxpayer and are able to sign a Gift Aid declaration, please complete this Gift Aid Form and send it to our Treasurer, Carol Eldridge, at Mendham Hall, Vicarage Road, Hastings. TN34 3LZ, as that enables us to reclaim an extra 25p for every £1 given. Thank you.
Click to download our September Prayer Diary.